Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Tuesday quilting

Quilting on a cool raw day. Be gain the blocks sent to me on "everyday patchwork". Cute simple blocks witch will number about 25. Have decided to do them in blues/greens with pop colors. Will work my way backwards. Will be a nice hand quilted project for Arizona next year. 6 inch blocks. Also found blocks from quilt mania that I would like to do but they are a bit more complex. May do these at a later time. Finshed two blocks, one in blue/yellow and one in Christmas fabrics as I recent went thru them and have a large selection.

I returned to the mini recent Downton Abbey mystery quilt. I decided to do more of some of the blocks for more variety for borders. I had it layer out in the mystery layout, but decided I wanted this to be small and decided to blow it all up. Mixed it up in my own setting. Currently sewing in sections and have a little more to go today.

Finally in the evening I worked on hand quilting the Downton Abbey quilt. I have one more side block of four to complete. Maybe this evening. Whiskers however tries to compete for lap space. Nice project while watching TV..last night the Brewers.

Today Cherith comes home...Wednesday. Other daughters on Friday...one we have to pick up and pack the car and hope everything fits.

Everyday Patchwork blocks

My Downton Abby mini...all blown up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment